As established by the author F. Columbu, in his book “Winning Bodybuilding: A complete do-it-yourself program for beginning, intermediate, and advanced bodybuilders, by Mr. Olympia “, the discipline of bodybuilding is formed through 5 stages, as is the case of the following:
- Beginners: These are characterized by never training with weight, who have turn tired of leading a sedentary lifestyle or simply, people who is curious about this type of activity. A person who start to train in this discipline can watch it’s results after 6 weeks.
- Intermediate: Those who develop in this stage, tend to have a better physical form than a normal person, they have a high muscular level and at the same time, they are healthy too.
- Advanced Intermediate: Anyone who reaches this bodybuilding stage, is not prepared to participate in contests with great renown, however, can be considered as a new promise of competitions.
- Advanced: Here we enter the competitive level, this is why training and physical training is developed with much more intensity.
- Champion: There are not many bodybuilders who reach this stage, because it represents the greatest victory of a person who develops in this type of activity, however, we know that it is difficult but not impossible.
We hope that these stages can illustrate a little more about the preparation and consistency of these professionals in fitness, likewise, this is a subject that has a lot of fabric to cut, so we will continue talking about it.