Cholesterol Myths

A common myth is that eating foods high in cholesterol raise blood cholesterol.

Understand that it’s old school, those studies were done more than 50 years ago. Today it has been proven that this is not the case.

In a common day we can have between 1,100 – 1,700 mg. of cholesterol in our body, 25% comes from the diet, 75% is produced in our body by the liver. Much of the cholesterol we found in food can not be absorbed by our body, and most of the cholesterol in our gut was first synthesized in the cells of the body and terminated in the intestine through the liver and gallbladder.

The body regulates very well the amount of cholesterol in the blood by controlling the internal production, when the intake of cholesterol in the diet decreases, the body produces more. When cholesterol intake in the diet increases, the body produces less.

Dietary cholesterol has very little impact on blood cholesterol levels.

On approximately 75% of the population. The remaining 25% of the population are called “hyper-responders”. In this group, dietary cholesterol increases only a little LDL (bad) cholesterol; And to a greater extent the HDL (the good), and the most important thing is that in no case affects the ratio of LDL to HDL nor increases the risk of heart disease.

Conclusion: The fact that a food contains cholesterol does not mean that it will raise blood cholesterol. Rather, you may be missing out on many nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants, and quality protein by walking into obsolete studies. Another thing, cholesterol fulfills vital functions in your body, is in each cell and is needed for many important processes and functions in the body, brain and muscles, understood that what raises bad cholesterol, triglycerides, etc. Is an excess of refined carbohydrates, sugar, excess calories, little exercise and bad habits

About the author


Venezolana, apasionada del Marketing Digital y sus capacidades.

El mundo es un sitio para recorrer... ¡Un día a la vez!

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Get Top UPDATED Info About Fitness

We will take care of keeping you aware of the most useful posts and videos about muscle gain and fat burn.


Follow Me!