It is common that when Friday’s arrive, many get carried away by their food trap and turn it into a full weekend of “cheating”. But when you adopt fitness as a lifestyle, eating and exercising is not an obligation, over time it become into habits, in fact, there is nothing better than taking advantage of the weekend to exercise with calm, without pressure of the daily routine and thus dedicate the time necessary to train the muscles well!
The ideal is to have 1-2 days of breaks a week, for example: from Monday to Wednesday you train, rest on Thursday and resume Friday and Saturday and Sunday you make an active break. Now, as Saturday has a little more time to exercise, it is advisable to train large muscle group such as back or legs. If you have doubts about how to take advantage of the weekend to train as it should be, here is an example that can serve as reference:
Training for Saturday:
- Heating on treadmill or elliptical for 15 min.
- If you are going to train legs, any of these routines can help you:
- Quadriceps routine.
- Femoral and gluteal routine.
- If you are at home, you can do this glute routine.
- Now, consider these routines if you are going to train the upper body:
- Back Routine.
- Routine of biceps and back.
- Routine of biceps and triceps.
- Shoulder routine for the gym or to do at home.
- Make 30-45 min. With any of these routines:
- Routine of intervals 1.
- Routine intervals 2.
- Plyometric routine.
- Ends with a muscle stretch:
For the Sunday:
- You can do a cardiovascular session on the treadmill, go running or walk outdoors for 45 min. It is also valid to do cardio fasting, taking these recommendations into account.