Here are the benefits of Whey Protein or Isolate Whey Protein, for your health and body composition:
- This protein stimulates the release of hormones that improve your metabolism, helps to have a hormonal environment suitable for burning fat and increase muscle mass, for example; Improves levels of thyroid hormones.
- It is superior. Isolate Whey Protein is a quality protein, contains all essential amino acids and a large number of non-essential. It digests easy and is absorbed faster than any other source of protein. That, and its high content in the amino acid Leucine, causes that it increases the synthesis of protein, more that with any other source, this helps to strengthen the muscle mass.
- Helps build muscle. Having a high quality amino acid content minimizes muscle wasting, increases protein synthesis, maintains a positive nitrogen balance and this is vital to generate muscle hypertrophy.
- It has a high thermal effect. The body burns 30% of the calories in a protein in pure digestion and assimilation. And it turns out that Whey Protein has, within the range of protein powders, the highest thermal effect. Because the whey contains more leucine.
- Helps decrease appetite. That type of protein because leucine leap, this is the superstar, not only increases protein synthesis, but also sends signals to the brain to release neurotransmitters that soothe anxiety and desire to eat.
- Improves long-term insulin sensitivity. Over time and the constant use of this protein combined with training, your cells become more sensitive to insulin and improve your body’s ability to handle your blood sugar, reserves as glycogen more efficiently, by controlling Insulin and blood glucose burn fat as an energy source effectively.
- Its high content in glutamine helps to improve immune system, to increase muscle recovery after training.
- Its high BCAA content helps not only protect muscles, but also lowers levels of cortisol, stress hormone that causes you to increase insulin levels, build up abdominal fat and go into catabolic state.
- Because of its high content of essential amino acids increases levels of dopamine, this neurotransmitter raises your mood and vitality.
- Increase levels of antioxidants in the body, not only fruits, vegetables provide antioxidants, if you read the publications I have done recognize this gentleman:
- Glutathione, is an antioxidant that produces your body to fight free radicals and is produced from the amino acids cysteine, glutamine and glycine. Whey protein is high in these amino acids.
- Supplementation with this type of protein can lower blood pressure because it relaxes the blood vessels and blood flow is less restricted.
- This type of protein contains components that help protect your bones, prevent osteoporosis and improve bone density.
To really have the benefits you should consume a dose of 20 to 25 gr. Protein in Isolate Whey Protein. Make sure it is 100% Isolate. If you want to keep or lose fat with a measure the day is fine, you can take it for snack in the morning or before or after training. If you aim to increase muscle mass you can take two servings a day.